Puncher & Wattmann
Blindside by Mark Reid launched in Sydney
Blindside by Mark Reid was launched at the Friend in Hand Hotel, Sydney by Philip Salom, poet and novelist.
Blindside, Mark Reid's fifth collection, exhibits his accustomed minimalist rigour, a spare & allusive lyric, contemporary, colloquial, committed, seeking the sublime in the everyday.
Mark Reid's poetry has always delighted & challenged me. His distinctive voice & finely tuned ear for just the right music has given his work a potency that's been hard-won. Reid is a craftsman.—Anthony Lawrence
Reid's is a brooding art, open to epiphany, constructing it, but also measuring its constant retreat.—Lyn McCredden
Praise for Looking out from Bashan: the republic of Og:
Mark Reid's brilliantly strange but accessible writing is lyrical and magical.—Philip Salom
An intricately delving blend of ancient and modern apocrypha which unearths stories in us all. Mesmerising.—Toby Davidson
Blindside is available from this website.
You're invited to subscribe to our semi-regular email newsletter.
- The Puncher & Wattmann Prize for a First Book of Poetry
- Blindside by Mark Reid launched in Sydney
- Blog posts about the new anthology
- Launch of a comprehensive new anthology
- Praise for Philip Salom’s new novel Waiting
- Dennis Greene’s ‘Here Be Dragons’
- Launch by John Watson of Ground by Martin Langford